Frank Merblum to Lead Zoom Meeting on KO Championship
On December 16, at 7 p.m., at a Zoom meeting open to all Hartford Bridge Club members, Frank Merblum will discuss his team’s recent triumph in the 2020 JLall Online Teams #1 knockout (KO), one of the premier events on the United States Bridge Federation (USBF)’s calendar. Frank’s all-amateur team defeated the best United States professional teams. In the final, it defeated the Levine team, which included Jeff Meckstroth and Eric Rodwell.
In what promises to be an educational and interesting session, Frank will start by describing the USBF events, how he and his partner, Walter Lee, came to be part of the team, the JLall event itself and his team’s progress through the Round Robin and KO matches. He then will lead an interactive group discussion of some particularly instructive hands from the event.
This is a wonderful opportunity to see one of the club’s finest players give you insights and perspective on the highest ranks of the bridge world.
You must preregister for this event by clicking the link in the invitation below. The meeting is limited to the first 100 members who register. Don’t miss out!!
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Dec 16, 2020, 7:00 p.m. EST
1. You will need to preregister for the meeting using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqduGhqjstHNyvtBJKJ3u0G8htHBmFUzRG
2. When you register, you will receive a confirmation containing information on how to join the meeting.
3. You must save this information because you will need it to join the meeting.
4. If you lose the confirmation, you will need to re-register.
5. Plan to join the meeting around 10 minutes early to make sure you have no problems. If you need help, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. You will not need a passcode to join the meeting.
7. When you join the meeting, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. The host will "admit you" into the event when it's time to start (at 7 p.m.). So don't worry if you don't see any faces when you first sign in.
8. You will be muted at the start of the meeting to minimize distracting noise. Only the host (Trevor Reeves) or co-host (Frank Merblum) will allow you to be unmuted.
9. You will be able to see Frank and other club members on the screen.
10. During the meeting, you will have opportunities to ask questions by using the "chat" function to send a message to the host.